I have been working hard these holidays to bring you the final release in the 0.19 branch. The lovely and new 0.19.3 can be found on github – https://github.com/robotichead/NearBeach/releases/tag/alpha-0.19.3
BUG404 – Can not modify requirement permissions
BUG405 – Can not modify quote permissions
BUG408 – When assigning customers to a project – inactive projects still appear
BUG413 – Project History not showing in correctly
BUG416 – Document upload not working
BUG417 – Assigned groups not appearing in project information
BUG424 – Error when uploading large pictures
BUG425 – Campus Information contains old method of selecting country/region
BUG429 – Assign task to project
BUG430 – Can not link requirements to projects/tasks
BUG431 – Can not link requirements to projects/tasks
BUG432 – Requirement Kanban board does not have link back to parent requirement information
BUG433 – Project Email – does not utilise chosen-js
BUG434 – Layout and information missing for email history
BUG442 – Can not get back to organisation from Campus
BUG444 – Customer history/notes date widget not working
BUG446 – Can not download uploaded documents against a customer
BUG447 – Can not assign project/tasks to customers
BUG448 – New Opportunity does not use chosen-js
BUG449 – Linking project/tasks does not show any tasks
BUG450 – Customers not showing in organisation
We will currently be looking at new features for NearBeach over the next month and planning them out. We are hoping to get a road map to everyone by the end of January.
The new and improved document upload can centralised the widget. Visual improvements have been added like;
- drop down menu
- icons representing deletion of folders/files
- ability to link URL’s to online documents
The improvements will be released in version 0.19.2 which will be released soon
NearBeach has been a wonderful learning experience. I have made mistakes and have had to retract a lot of code. The development cycle for 0.19 is going to be a large improvement for NearBeach. I am looking at restructuring;
- The file system layouts for files
- The permissions
- The assigning of objects
We are hoping once this 0.19 branch is finished, we can support 0.20 as a LTS version. This however is just an idea that we are floating.
I have decided to leave the current 0.19 sprint opened till the end of December.
This branch has not been much fun at all. Usually the stability branches bring me joy as I watch the product become more stable and usable. However due to a LARGE development change in 0.17, which essentially rebuilt the whole database system, I have been putting out a lot of spot fires (aka – quick bugs).
I am at no point stating the 0.18 branch is a failure when it comes to stability. It does not win – or finish, but more of a very hard try. Whilst doing this branch I realised a scary thing;
These two features in NearBeach have not been completely fully designed/developed consistently. This has annoyed me a lot, as I have noticed that the permissions/assigning is not consistance at all between the objects;
- Kanban Board
I am going to finish off the 0.18 branch early to open up for an extended development of 0.19 branch. Final testing will occur tomorrow. Please note – git changes might not occur for the next week due to whiteboard planning (sometimes need to draw connections on a white board).
Been a rough month. Still many bug fixes are in the pipeline
– BUG420 – Tasks costs are blank
– BUG415 – Associate tasks brings up errors
– BUG426 – Assign tasks to projects does not pass throuhg permissions
– BUG410 – Saving profile shows dialog
– BUG421 – Task Quotes – causes bugs
– BUG422 – Add customer to campus
– BUG409 – Can not search customers
– BUG411 – My profile not saving
– BUG412 – Can not add a website to profile
– BUG414 – Email – does not go to correct page
– BUG423 – Uploading a document to customer does not fully work
– BUG407 – Mapbox is now showing
– BUG419 – Task Information can not be associated to a customer
– BUG402 – Project Read Only – does not pass through permissions
– BUG406 – Can not modify campus
– BUG384 – REcapture not allowing users to log in
– BUG383 – Update the about section in github
Luckily this thought pattern was eroded over time, thanks in part to jQuery. Now I am more accepting of using widgets others have constructed to help me develop faster and have a better bug free product.
The original thought “build everything myself” has actually added in a lot of man hours that I did not need to give myself. However it was a learning curve I needed to learn. Sometimes it is best to except help from others. There are many libraries, widgets and tools in the Open Source market that are designed specifically to help developers speed up their development.
A list of all different widgets used in NearBeach can be found in the READ ME file: https://github.com/robotichead/NearBeach
It has been an extremely busy and productive few weeks. We have finished our sprint ahead of it’s scheduled finish. We have release development-0.17.5 today and it can be found https://github.com/robotichead/NearBeach/releases/tag/alpha-0.17.5
This is a feature development and we do not recommend using it unless you want to test the new features. We are now moving into our 10th sprint which will be dedicated to finding and fixing all bugs and security issues in NearBeach.
For some reason this development cycle has gone really well (famous last words). The only objectives left are;
- Create a diagnostic page for testing
- Look into MySQL Routines and what they can offer NearBeach
I have decided to release this version, it still requires some more testing. https://github.com/robotichead/NearBeach/releases/tag/alpha-0.17.4
- Fixed database naming conventions
- Quotes now show which projects they are linked to
- Projects and Tasks now show which opportunities they are linked to
- Can email quote from system
- My Profile – user’s can now edit their own profile
- Permissions have been added to quotes
After building a very stable and strong 0.16 branch, we have decided to revisit the database section and make some strong modifications. The main issue we had with the database was the lack of consistency between plural and singular values. As a last ditch effort, we have decided to single all plurals. This currently makes the 0.17 very unstable and we are still finding issues and fixing problems.
Currently we are a head of our schedule (for once), and we are hoping to do a full bug test session soon. We want the 0.18 branch to be even stronger than the 0.16 branch.
Sneaky release for 0.16.4 on github. We are moving forward early to our development branch. We are hoping to have the following new features implemented;
- Projects and Tasks show links to opportunities
- Quotes should show which projects they are linked to
- Email the quotes from the system
- User Profiles
- Look at what MYSQL Routines can do for NearBeach
- Deploy group permissions for Quotes
- Have a diagnositc testing page
More blogs to come