The following just outlines where we are with bugs etc. These will change daily
Count of Bugs
Code Coverage: 70%
VueJS Code Coverage: ~1%
0.30.18 on 29th of October 2023
Aims for October
Once again, our goal is to crunch as many bugs as we possibly can during the month of October. Last month we were able to fix 27 bugs getting our bug count down to 13 by the end of the month. We are hoping that we are able to achieve similar feats this month.
Full site test
As the number of bugs are dwindling down, we'll need to do a full shakeout test of the site. There will always be bugs and we have to find them.
Unit Testing & Code Coverage
Sadly we were not able to increase the code coverage last month as this task got away from us. Hopefully during the month of October we'll set aside sometime to at least get the following;
- Backend Unit Tests: 75% code coverage
- Frontend Unit Tests: 5% code coverage
We were able to implement Playwright to do End-to-End testing. Currently we have set it up to check each page loads with no errors, and then takes a screenshot so we can quickly check to make sure all components are rendering.
This month, we want to focus on improving our existing documentation by cleaning up and formatting. Followed by including the following articles;
- Create documentation around the "Fixture Structure". This will inform the developers how the data is structured in the fixtures. This will be helpful for those needing to know how the data is structured. i.e. If I visit project information 1, who has access
- Create documentation on User creation. This will include
- Permission set creation and modification
- Group creation and modification
- User creation and modification
We are currently looking at introducing the following new features;
- Implementation of Two Factor Authentication.
Implement Custom validation for new users - currently there is an issue where a username should contain certain characters, but NOT ALL characters. We need to match this with the Django standard
Notify users when they have not attached their own group to a new object. Submitting an object will give them a 404 as there is no object that they are assigned too.
Redesign Login Screen - we would like to redesign the login screen so we could implement a notification/message system.
The following items are potentially new features that we would like to implement into NearBeach. We are currently in the research phase for these items;
- Investigate OAuth2 as a potential secondary login (with the ability to connect to Github issues etc).
- Investigate Toasts - Bootstrap Toasts Documentation - there is a simple problem of having modals within modals. It becomes very cluttered very quickly. We are thinking of implementing the toasts feature to help eliminate the error and status modals
- Implementation of global libraries in VueJS - we are using some libraries like Axios in multiple (nearly all) components. We should be injecting this library into those components instead of importing it.
- Research what dashboard widgets people would like and need
- Public links - sending people a public link to a card/project/task etc. So they can read the status of the current card/project